With nearly 45,000 registered users, Andy and I often find ourselves having some very interesting conversations. Often positive, sometimes with constructive criticism, and nearly always candid, these conversations cover an abundance of topics. One of our favorite things to discuss with Trackur customers, is how they’re using Trackur. As with many of our updates and improvements, some of the best suggestions for alternative uses for Trackur have come directly from our customers. Who better to turn to for product development than the people who use the product day in and day out? Often, we hear ideas, tips, and tricks that we hadn’t yet considered. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Trackur For Link Building – Many pros are using Trackur and other monitoring tools to find backlinks for SEO use. With Trackur, you can find potential link partners, discover new keywords, and keep an eye on who’s linking to others in your industry.
- Gather Competitive Intelligence – Keep an eye on who’s linking to your competition, where they’re being mentioned, and see what their employees are discussing on the social sites. Oftentimes, big secrets can be pieced together from small bits of information. Monitor competitors’ brand names, the names of their top execs, and any big product lines they’ve got. You’ll be amazed at what you can find, especially from their employees bragging or complaining on the social sites.
- Find a Job, or Hire a New Employee – Keeping an eye on the buzz for your industry should be a part of your everyday monitoring anyways, why not leverage some of this information to find or fill a position? Keep an eye on big industry players and up-and-comer’s in your field. You’ll know when someone is thinking about moving on, and when a company may be looking to fill a spot before making it official. Get a jump on your competition and make contact before anyone else has a chance.
- Is Your Spouse Cheating? – I’ve joked about this one, but it turns out that turning to media monitoring may not be so far fetched when looking to out a cheating spouse.
- Gather HR Intelligence – Find out how your employees view your company. Keep an eye on potentially rogue employees, and take some time to reward those that go above and beyond. You can also keep an eye on other companies trying to scoop up your star employees. Follow these conversations and respond accordingly.
There are many other great uses for Trackur, we’ll follow up with more favorites down the road a bit. What are some of your favorite ways to use your favorite social media monitoring tool? 🙂